- Distribution & Logistics
- Corporate Moving
- Residential Moving
Personally, identifiable information or sensitive personal information is known as information that can be used to identify, contact or locate a single person. This information may include, name, social security number, date, and place of birth, employment, home address, etc.
How we obtain this information: This information can become available to our company in regards to our services through move documentation, customs docs, visas, and passports. It is our responsibility and duty to you to handle your information with the utmost care and protection. We are the sole owners of the personal information collected in regards to your move. Only authorized personnel have access to the information that you voluntarily give us via email in preparation for your relocation. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. Your information will only be shared with those necessary in assisting with the moving/relocation process.
1. Management: All personnel involved in the move management process are informed of and held responsible for upholding these privacy policies and procedures. a. Review fully the policies and procedures in regards to collecting, obtaining, and maintaining customers’ personal information. b. Collect and process appropriate information necessary for the move and relocation, hold onto information only as long as legally necessary, and then the information is to be properly deleted or shredded.
2. Notice: The CMS Companies notify our clients and customers about our privacy policies and procedures in our contracts and communications. Our notice is also available on each of our websites, and a link is provided at the bottom of each of our email signatures.
3. Choice and Consent: The CMS Companies describe the options available to the individual in regards to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information when asked to do so. By appointing one of The CMS Companies for your international relocation, you are giving your implicit consent regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. We acknowledge the individual’s right to access their personal data, and upon request, CMS Companies will provide the ability for the individual to access, correct, or delete any of their personal information.
4. Collection: The CMS Companies collect and manage personal information that obtains to an individual’s international relocation. This information that is collected is only shared with employees who need the information to perform a specific job, i.e. customer services, customs processing, billing.
5. Use, Retention, and Disposal: The CMS Companies collect and retain personal information for only as long as necessary to fulfill the stated purposes or as required by law. Personal information is then appropriately and safely disposed of.
6. Access: The CMS Companies provide individuals and clients access to personal information upon request for review and update. Personal information is only shared with those employees who need to view the information to handle a specific job duty regarding the order, customer service, customs processing, billing, and operations.
7. Disclosure to Third Parties: The CMS Companies share personal information to third parties only for necessary work purposes and with the implicit or explicit consent of the individual. All third-party, supply chain members are advised via email of our policies, procedures, and expectations. As each new vendor is set up, they are provided with a copy of our Data Privacy Protection Policy, and our email signatures serve as a constant reminder.
8. Security for Privacy: The CMS Companies protects personal information against unauthorized access (both physical and logical). Personal data is only viewed and accessible to authorized staff.
9. Quality: The CMS Companies only maintain accurate, complete, and relevant personal information that has been submitted to us directly by the transferee, employer, or relocation company via email or completed forms.
10. Monitoring and Enforcement: The CMS Companies monitor compliance regarding our company’s privacy policies and procedures. Complaints and disputes are taken very seriously and addressed by our VP/General Manager and IT Manager to be sure the situation is rectified immediately. All staff has been informed of our policies and procedures and is aware that any breach of these policies may lead to disciplinary action.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address, and website in Cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
The CMS Companies work hard to protect our customer and employee data through a combination of management efforts, notifications to clients and customers, internal safeguards, access control points, monitoring, and enforcement mechanisms.
*The CMS Companies maintain a private network. (Domain LAN with a Connectwise (Formally LabTech) Managed Network).
*Maintain updated virus protection and patches on all machines. (Webroot Secure Anywhere updates are automatic. Threat protection is now performed “in the cloud”, and always up to date.
*Data backups are run daily.
*Firewalls are in place to ensure that outside attacks are kept from our data.
*Management conducts monitoring and reporting on all systems, software, and hardware daily.
*IT department keeps up to date on the health and accounting of our IT infrastructure.
*Protects data internally by limiting access to only appropriate associates whose duties require them to access the data through Group Policy.
*Access to the CMS Companies Network and its data is managed through Active Directory & Group Policy. We manage the ability of our employees to access data and can disconnect their access at any time.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our policy you may contact us:
The CMS Companies 21620 88th Place South, Kent, WA 98031 firstname.lastname@example.org 800-854-2600 / 858-874-2614
5 star review
“Everyone from the packing to the moving crew were all excellent.”
5 star review
“Your team deserves kudos for such an outstanding job handling a difficult move. I appreciate their going the extra mile and intend to rely on Sullivan for my future moving needs – in addition to recommending the firm to my family, friends, and acquaintances.”
5 star review
“You were amazing and wonderful to work with on a move. Excellent service. We sincerely appreciate all that you have done for us. Thank you, again.”
5 star review
“Thanks so much. Caesar and his assistant were awesome. There was no wasted motion, they were careful with everything, and I would highly recommend to anybody to use them again.”
5 star review
“Local guys were great. I’m very happy how this went. Good job, seriously good job! Thank you and thank you again. “
5 star review
“They did a great job and were so nice and hardworking. When we buy our own home, we would like to use your company again to move our stuff from here to there. Working with you and your people has been a pleasure and I would recommend your company to anyone looking for a moving company.”
Make Your Move!
Helpful Tips & Resources from the San Diego Moving Experts